We all love Peanuts in my family including my 2 year old. I like to add peanuts whole or grounded in variety rice, curries and raitas. This Peanut Chutney is so special as it has a beautiful blend of sweet (from peanuts), tangy (from tamarind) and spicy (from red chillies) flavor. The measurements could be slightly adjusted depending on your taste buds. It goes well with idly, Rava idly, Dosa, Upma or even bread
Peanuts 3/4 cup
Red chillies 4
Small Onion 1
Tamarind paste 1 tbsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dhal 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 10
• Dry roast peanuts in a wide pan, until its skin changes colour and peel off its skin when it is little warm. ( pls make sure you don’t burn your hands).
• Heat little oil in a pan, add red chillies and onion, Sauté it for a while.
• Toss the Roasted peanuts, Red Chillies, Onion, Tamarind along with required salt grind it to a paste.
• Temper the Mustard, Urad dhal & Curry leaves and add it to the grounded paste.
• Peanut Chutney is ready to be served.
• Add a clove of roasted garlic if you like the garlic flavor.
• You can add 3 tbsp of grated coconut instead of onion for another variety of Peanut Chutney.
• Without tempering it can be used as a spread for the bread.