Rasam is a comforting dish and is a must in all the South Indian meals. There are many types of Rasam like Garlic Rasam, Pepper Rasam, Mango Rasam, Tomato Rasam and so on depending upon the ingredients. This recipe is quick, simple and very easy to make.
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dhal 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves few
Garlic 2 cloves
Red chilli 2
Cumin 1 tsp
Pepper 1 tbsp
Ripe Tomato 3, chopped
Tamarind golf ball size
• Soak tamarind in a cup of hot water. Extract the juice.
• Add the chopped ripe Tomatoes to it and mix well with turmeric powder( You can microwave the chopped tomatoes for a minute )
• Pulse Garlic, Red Chilli, Cumin, Pepper for couple of times or you can use pestle & mortar to crush it.
• Take a vessel. Heat a tbsp of oil. Crackle the mustard, then add Urad dhal and Curry leaves.
• Add the coarsely grounded ingredients to it along with a pinch of Asafoetida. Sauté it for a while.
• Add the tamarind tomato mix. Continue to cook in medium flame.
• When the Rasam froths up, Switch off the stove. Add the chopped coriander and serve hot.