Chicken with bones 1/2 lb
Bay leaf 1
Cumin 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
Whole pepper 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Coriander leaves little
Onion 1, small, finely chopped
Ginger 1/2″ ( optional )
Garlic 2 cloves, finely minced
Tomato 1, finely chopped
Green chilli 1 ( optional )
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
• Take a heavy bottomed vessel. Heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add the Bay leaf, Cumin, Fennel, Whole pepper, Curry leaves, Coriander leaves. Sauté it for few seconds.
• Add onions and green chilli and cook till the onions become translucent.
• Add 1/2″ ginger ( you can remove it later if you don’t want ) and garlic.
• Now add the tomatoes. Sauté it till the juice comes out.
• Add the cleaned Chicken. Cook it without water for couple of mins.
• Then add 2-3 cups of Water, Turmeric & Salt. Allow it to boil in medium flame for 15 mins.
• The water level would have reduced to half. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and grounded pepper and serve hot.