Onion 1, chopped
Tomato 2-3, Chopped
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dhal 1 tsp
Cinnamon 1″ stick
Bay leaf 1
Fennel seeds 1 tsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Curry leaves 2 strand
Ginger garlic 1 tbsp
Chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Coconut 2 tbsp, grated
• Heat little oil, add Mustard, Urad dhal, Cinnamon, Cloves, Bay leaf, Fennel, Cumin, Curry leaves. Sauté it for a while.
• Add finely chopped onions and sauté it till they are translucent.
• Next add ginger garlic paste.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and cook it till the tomatoes shrink.
• Next add Chilli powder, Coriander powder, turmeric powder and required salt.
• Add enough water to the curry.
• Grind Coconut with little water to fine paste and add it to the curry. Allow it to cook for 5 mins till the raw smell goes away and switch off the stove.
• Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot with Idly or Dosa or Roti.