Kothu Parota is the most popular dish of the south. Here the Parotta, Egg, Meat and Spicy Sauce are minced finely on a hot iron cast griddle with a heavy iron spatula.
Cooked Parota 4
Onion 1, big finely chopped
Tomato 1, finely chopped
Curry leaves 2 strands
Coriander leaves little
Cumin 1/2 tsp
Fennel 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Green chilli 1, finely chopped
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salna / Chicken curry 1/2 cup
• Make small pieces of the cooked Parota with your hand and keep it aside.
• Crack the eggs in a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and keep it separately.
• Take a wide pan. Heat little oil. Add Cumin, Fennel seeds & Curry leaves.
• Add the finely chopped Onions. Sauté it to golden brown.
• Add the green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
• After few minutes, add the Tomatoes. Cook it till they become soft.
• Add Chilli powder, Coriander powder & Turmeric powder.
• Pour in the Salna / Chicken curry to the masala. Add req salt. Mix it well and let it cook for a minute.
• Toss in the cooked Parota pieces in the curry.
• Parota will absorb all the curry. Make a small well in the center. In that space add the eggs. Scramble it and then mix it along with the Parota.
• Cook in low flame for 2 mins.
• Garnish with Coriander leaves & white Onion.
• Serve with Raitha.