Chicken Manchurian, a blend of Indian & Chinese Cuisine. Here the common Indian ingredients Ginger, Garlic & Green chillies are mixed with the Chinese Soy sauce, Corn flour & Chicken (instead of the regular Garam Masala). This is a no fry Version. Give a try, I am sure you would never miss the fried version.
Adapted from Sailu’s Kitchen
Chicken 1/2 lb
Onion 1, finely chopped
Spring onions 3-4tbsp
Ginger 1 tsp, chopped finely
Garlic 1 tsp, chopped finely
Soya sauce 2 tsp
Vinegar 2 tsp
Green chillies 2, finely chopped
Chicken stock 1/4 Cup
Corn flour 1 tbsp + Chicken stock 5 tbsp
Red Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Brown sugar 1/2 tsp
Tomato ketchup 2 tbsp
Egg White 1
Corn flour 2 tbsp
All purpose flour 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Pepper 1/4 tsp
• Marinate the boneless chicken with the listed ingredients for 1 hour. Pan fry it with very little oil to golden brown. ( If you want you can deep fry the same marinated Chicken)
• Take a new pan. Heat little oil. Add the chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté it and then add the finely chopped onions and green chillies. Fry the onions to golden brown. ( dont smash the onions )
• Add Red Chilli powder and gently sauté it along with the onions for a min.
• Bring the flame to low and then add Soy sauce, Vinegar, Brown sugar & Tomato ketchup. Mix it well.
• Add 1/4 cup Chicken stock. Combine all the ingredients & cook for couple of mins.
• Toss in the pan fried Chicken. Adjust the salt and cook for few mins.
• Pour Corn flour mixed in Chicken stock to it and give a thorough mix and cook at medium heat for 5 mins.
• Switch off the flame. Garnish with chopped spring onions & Serve hot as an appetizer or as a side dish to Rotis!