Cherupayaru or Pachai payaru Curry will be a perfect accompaniment to Puttu/Roti. It is more nutritious and easy to make. Here goes the Recipe..
Whole Green gram 1 Cup
Cumin 1/2 tsp
Coconut 3 tbsp, grated
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Mustard 1/4 tsp
Urad dhal 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves 2 Sprigs
Red Chillies 2
• Wash and pressure cook Green gram dhal with salt till it becomes soft.
• Take a new pan. Heat little oil. Add Mustard, Urad dhal, Cumin, Red Chillies, Curry leaves. Sauté for few mins.
• Once the pressure gets released, add the cooked Green dhal along with the water in to the pan.
• Add Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder. Adjust the salt taste.
• Grind the grated Coconut with little water. Add it to the Curry.
• Allow it to cook for few minutes then switch off the stove. Cherupayar curry is ready to be served with Puttu or Roti.