Mutton Sukka is a popular dish of South India. Tender Mutton is cooked along with spices to form a dry curry. Many crave for this mouth watering Mutton Sukka from a famous restaurant called ‘Konar Kadai’ in my hometown Madurai. This Spicy dry curry is delectable with Curd rice or any Roti!
Here is the recipe..
Mutton 1 lb
Water 1-1&1/2 Cup
Onion 1 large, finely chopped
Curry leaves 2-3 Sprigs
Coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Cinnamon 1″ stick
Bay leaf 1
Fennel 1/2 tsp
Cumin 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder 1-1&1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
• Wash and pressure cook Mutton with salt and Water until its tender.
• Take a wide pan. Heat oil. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Fennel, Cumin, Bay leaf & Curry leaves.
• Add Onions and sauté it to golden brown.
• Add Ginger Garlic paste. Cook it till the raw smell goes away.
• Now add Chilli powder & Coriander powder. Sauté it for few mins.
• Toss in the pressure cooked Mutton along with the water.
• Adjust the salt taste.
• Cook it till the gravy thickens to form a dry curry. Add Pepper powder & Switch off the stove.
• Mutton Sukka is ready to be served with Rice/Curd rice/Roti!