Seafood lovers this crab curry would definitely be a treat for your palate. It is made in an authentic way with Dungeness crab & tastes heavenly with just plain white Rice. Here is the recipe..
Crab 1 (2lb with Shell)
Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Cumin 1/2 tbsp
Fennel 1/2 tbsp
Pepper 1 tbsp
Coconut 1 Cup
Green Chillies 2
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
• Take a big pot. Heat little oil. Add Fenugreek seeds and roast it.
• Add Onions and sauté it to golden brown.
• Grind all the ingredients listed under To Grind to a paste with little water.
• Toss the grounded mixture to the roasted Onions. Sauté it for few minutes.
• Add the chopped Tomatoes and continue to cook.
• Add Chilli powder, Coriander powder and required salt. Cook it along with the tomatoes.
• Now add 2&1/2 to 3 Cups of Water. Let it boil.
• Add the cleaned, de shelled crab in to the boiling curry. Cook covered for a good 15-20 mins in a medium flame.
• Remove the lid and cook till the gravy thickens.
• Serve it hot with Rice!