Panna Cotta! An Italian dessert made by simmering together cream, milk and sugar, mixing this with gelatin/Agar Agar and letting it cool until set.
It is from the Northern Italian region of Piedmont, although it is eaten all over Italy. It is served with wild berries, caramel, chocolate sauce or fruit coulis.
This soft, creamy Panna cotta is made with Coconut milk, Heavy Cream, Sugar & Agar Agar. It is topped with Mango Coulis. Here is the recipe..
For the Panna cotta
Coconut Milk 400ml
Heavy cream 1 pint/475ml
Sugar 6 tbsp
Agar agar 1 tbsp
For the Mango Sauce
Ripe Mango 1, peeled, pitted & cubed
Sugar 1/4 Cup, adjust according to your needs
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
For the Pannacotta
• Dissolve 1 tbsp of Agar Agar in 4 tbsp of hot water.
• In a saucepan, add Coconut Milk, Heavy cream & Sugar. Heat it until it begins to simmer. Don’t let it boil.
• When you see the steam coming or when you see the first few bubbles, add Agar Agar and whisk it thoroughly.
• Pour the mixture in to glasses and refrigerate it for atleast 4-6 hrs.
For the Sauce
• Purée the diced Mangoes.
• In a saucepan, add the Mango purée and Sugar. Heat for few minutes. Add Lemon juice. Give a good mix. Switch off the stove.
• Drizzle the Mango Sauce over the Pannacotta and serve cold.