Mushroom & Peas Curry will make a good side dish to chappathi or paratha. This is a simple recipe, which has a standard kurma base. Instead of mushroom and peas, you can add any combination of vegetables that you like.
You can also check out my other Mushroom curry – ‘Mushroom Masala‘
Mustard 1/4 tsp
Urad dhal 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon 1″ stick
Bay leaf 1
Onion 1, finely chopped
Curry leaves 1 Sprig
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Tomato 1, finely chopped
Chilli powder 1&1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Mushroom 2 cup, chopped
Peas 1 cup
Coconut 3 tbsp, grated
• In a wide pan, sauté the chopped mushrooms till they are half cooked or crunchy.
• Boil peas in required water for few minutes. Drain it in a colander and keep it ready.
1.Take a vessel. Heat little oil. Add mustard, urad dhal, cinnamon, cloves & bay leaf. Add onions and curry leaves. Sauté it to golden brown. Next add ginger garlic paste.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes.
3. Then add chilli powder & coriander powder. Sauté it for few minutes.
4. Grind grated coconut with little water to a paste. Toss it in to the curry.
5. Add a cup of water. Adjust salt taste. Let it boil.
6. Add the sautéed mushroom and boiled peas. Cook at medium heat for few minutes.