I am sure everyone here loves Strawberries! My family loves it too, we can simply munch on those all through the day. It was my husbands’s birthday last week and I decided to do a fresh Strawberry cake. This luscious cake is made with fresh Strawberries and with NO gelatin/jello or strawberry essence. Its tastes absolutely delicious when it is topped with generous buttercream frosting and served with a glass of cold milk.
Recipe Source: Confections of a Foodie Bride
For the Strawberry purée
16 oz of Fresh ripe Strawberries
1 tablespoon of Sugar
For the Cake
2 and 1/4 cups of Cake flour, sifted( 1 cup Cake flour= 1 cup All purpose flour – 2 tablespoon All purpose flour + 2 tablespoon Cornstarch )
4 teaspoons of Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1 and 3/4 cups of Sugar
12 tablespoons of Unsalted butter (1&1/2 sticks)
1/2 cup of Milk
2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
For the Strawberry Purée
• Wash and cut strawberries and transfer it to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Mix it and let it sit for an hour.
• Take a saucepan, add the berries and simmer it for 15-20 minutes, until it turns soft.
• Switch off the stove. Blend it with a hand blender for couple of minutes and then filter it. Discard the pulp and transfer the juice back to the saucepan. Simmer it down to 1/2 cup and switch off the stove. Allow it to cool.
For the Cake
• Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and dust two of 8 or 9 inch pans.
• In a medium bowl, blend 1/2 cup of strawberry purée, 1/2 cup of milk, eggs and vanilla extract together.
• In a large bowl, whisk sifted cake flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add softened butter and whisk till you get moist crumbs.
• Add wet ingredients and blend it at medium speed until the mixture is well combined.
• Divide the batter evenly and pour it in to the prepared pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in to the center comes out clean.
• Remove from the oven. Let the cake sit in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer it to a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
• I have decorated this Strawberry cake with buttercream frosting. Slice and serve. This cake holds good in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
• The same batter can be used to make cupcakes. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
• Excess strawberry puree can be used as a filling between the cake layers or can also be added to the frosting.
• If you want to have a pink color, add a drop or two of edible red or pink food color.